Saturday, October 01, 2005

Hiroshima Garden 1945-2005















Looking back to August, I was lucky enough to be given a space to create a work in the annual Burning Life creative art project which is featured in Second Life. The project mirrors the creative 1L festival called Burning Man, held each year in the Nevada deserts, USA.

As this year was the 60th Anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki during WW2, I decided to feature a devastated city and garden landscape as a personal experience and thought provoking work of art. The week of creation leading up to the opening of Burning Life was very poignant for me, as while I was making the scenes of devastation and horror and suffering, my very good friends in New Orleans, USA were witnessing fire, flood, death, and human tragedy and destruction through the very streets along which I happily walked with them last year.

The great Linden journalist and writer Hamlet Linden has produced his own summary and article on my Hiroshima Garden work at the following site:

http://secondlife.blogs.com/nwn/2005/09/the_hiroshima_m.html#more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home